20 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 19 - A Second Visit to Meanwhile Two.


After my success last night I had great hopes for this lunch-time skate at Meanwhile II/Royal Oak.  What could I re-learn.  Nose-manuals are now a reality for me, what else could I add to my arsenal, my gun cabinet of tricks.  I'm feeling good, the sun is out and when I get to the park there are four other lads skating and following the obligatory exchange of nods I got on with skating.

I got my legs back in working order with a few ollies, some grinds and disasters on the quarter  and then a little bit of mucking about on the original bowl section section.  Then it was time to start work in getting back my front-side pop-shuvits on the bank.  I was probably about ten minutes into the skate by this time.

To my left: The New and to my right: The Historic

Off I go. Doing my version of concentrating on learning a trick.  I don't do it like some people.  I see people who will drop in or throw their board down, sort their feet out, compress and try the trick.  that always seemed a bit monotonous and not particularly fun.  My version of that would tend involve a couple of tricks and end with an attempt at the trick I'm trying to learn. You can probably guess that quite often it would go wrong before I got round to attempting the trick I was supposedly learning.

I started doing my usual routine, but after a couple of glances at my watch I realised I was going to have to focus.  To cut a long story short... I was setting close, both feet on but steeping of or zooming my board, it was just a matter of time.  Yet again, I'd been beaten by the clock and needed to get back on the bike and back to the office.

It's my own fault.  i should have just gone full robot-mode and bagged the trick.  I'll know for next time.  Day 19 was a dry skate with strangers.  I was fully expecting to be skating a wet park so I'm happy with the way things worked out and I know that FS Pop-shuvs are within my grasp again soon.

Day 20 is set to be punctuated with showers throughout the day so I'm hedging my bets.  Miles end at about 1:20pm.  If it's dry I'll skate the park, wet and it'll be the mini-ramp. Let's see how this one goes then?

[LIALC]



No comments:

Post a Comment