22 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 21 - Back Garden Skatepark Research - Sunbury


This was always going to be better than the last visit.  This time it had been dry for just over 24 hours, which at least meant the whole park would be skateable, so it would just be down to how many of the 2 wheeled plague were there by the time I arrived at 11.00am.  Happily it wasn't too bad at all.  It still made me realize that I'm going to have to get a big enough garden to put something similar to the Sunbury park in there, then I can skate the thing with five or six mates and get the best out of it.  A cheaper option would be to just skate Sunbury regularly and then when the long nights of summer arrive and all the little grotes are in bed, it'll be like the place is my own private park.

How Sunbury looks in the wet.
Last time I was here I was the only skater in the park but today I had company in the shape of Mikey and Macey. These two were constantly winding each other up the whole time in the way that good mates can. Really funny to watch.  As the first skaters I've met down there it bodes well.  I mentioned the S.E.D.J. thing and the blog to them both just as they were about to leave an manged to get them to agree to a photo each for this here blog.

Fakie ollie from Macey in the Bowl.

Mikey boardslides


By then my hour was up and time to get moving.  Day 21 was a pleasant surprise in that I got to skate with other skateboarders again.  Thanks go to Mikey and Macey for helping out with photos, I'll hopefully be skating with those two guys again.  It was also a far less stressful operation, 5 minute drive from my house is much more like it.

Next stop, Day 22.  This one is back on the bike an heading to the streets of South London: Elephant & castle and Kennington to be precise.  I'm meeting up Johners and a few other at noon and see where the mood takes us.   Maybe we'll bump into you.

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment