4 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. DAY 3 - Kingston Car-Park Curb Session


Today was the first day of this whole Skate Every Day in January that I've managed to keep my board from getting a soaking. Not that it matters, as the last two days have taken their toll. Puddles are shit.

Marcus was first on the scene.

It's strange that on a day that the weather was so extreme that it killed two people, had wheelie bins , discarded Christmas trees and fully grown trees flying around everywhere in freakish storms; that I manage to have my first dry skate.  It was also the first skate that wasn't at a purpose build park.

And the nose wheelies did come.

Tonight was the first of the smash'n'grab sessions, as I'm going to call them.  I didn't leave the house until 9.45PM.  Most nights it wouln't cross my mind to go at skate at that time of night but that's partly why I'm doing this.  It got me out on my board.  It got me skating a curb with two mates, and that is what it's all about.

As did the manual variations.



Marcus tipped me off to the spot in the first place so I was pleased he was up for a skate tonight.  Sam missed out at Sunbury and is coming back after a bit of a hiatus and curbs are a great rehabilitation tool as I came to discover myself; that is if you ignore the double hand-slap after zooming a backside-tailside.


Front-shuv-manuals even made an appearance.

It's getting late so I'm not going to on for too long.  It was fun skating with Marcus and Sam. It was also a good feeling to be ticking off Day 3, having someone to skate with is definitely helping so if you are up for a skate at the Playstation/Bay-66 Wednesday night session, you know where to find me tomorrow.

Thanks lads.

Where the magic happened.

Right, I need to stretch and get to bed. Hopefully see you tomorrow!

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment