27 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 26 - Done Over By White Van Man.



Another lesson learned today.  If I have a lunch-time smash'n'grab session planned, do not park in the mews at the back of our building.  Because twats like the guys driving these two vans will work together to block the entrance as comprehensively as possible making it impossible to get my motorbike out and head to the spot of the day. not only that but arguing the toss with them lost me too much time so I couldn't even go for a street skate around Soho and the West end... oh and my frame of mind was more one for slashing tyres than shredding streets.

Wankers


When I'd finally calmed down I realised that I could get to the Kingston Car Park later that night.  I sent the e-mail with the change to the plan, sent texts to car park stalwarts but everyone had other commitments or plans; meaning this was going to be the first official solo skate of S.E.D.J.  I didn't really have a problem with that. It was Day 26 after all so I was due a bit of a disaster and at least I had an alternative to the planned skate.

Car Park

One thing that did pop into my mind about half an hour in was, how am I going to show this on the blog.  Shots of car parks are not really that interesting.  As you can see above.  Last time I got away with filming a nose manual, I suppose I'll have to film something again.  This is starting to drift into "vanity-blog" territory.  I know people don't want to see photo's or footage of me skating so I've gone to great lengths to minimize any self exposure and I definitely keep my face well hidden.  This was made all the easier by the lights getting turned out about 5 minutes after I'd remembered I needed some content for the blog.





Day 26 was a day of contrasts, an emotional roller-coaster of anticipation, annoyance, anger, frustration, acceptance, hope, determination, fun and mild embarrassment.  Despite the set-backs I got the skateboarding bit of the day sorted and another day in January is ticked off as a success.

Day 27 is a lunchtime visit to the Undercroft, The South Bank.   I can't even remember the last time I skated there but I'm looking forward to going back... I'll be there from 1.15pm.

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment