6 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 6 - Victoria Park Smash'n'Grab Session.

 

Things don't always go plan. today was no exception. I was due to meet up with Kev at Victoria Park to skate that beast of a bowl that's arrived there in the last year.  Only problem was that Kev got caught up in a house-key and flat-mate debacle which meant he couldn't leave for the park until his flat-mate got home.  Kev truly is a stand-up guy?  I've had a few flat-mates in my time who would have made me wait until they got back from skating.


It turns out that Kev got to the park just after my half our skate had to come to an end.  Luckily Jeremy had come over to have a roll too. Seeing as he's the guy that designed the place it was fitting that I had my first skate there with him.


Another bit of luck was having a bit of a skate with Horsey and Rob Smith who had also come down to skate the park for the first time with a car full of Death boys to hook up with Kev.  The worst part of today was dragging myself away from there knowing that those guys were just warming up for a friday afternoon session in perfect winter sun. 

It took me nearly half an hour to get there and only a little less to get back to work, so I doubt this place is going to work for these Lunch-time skates, more traveling than skating.  But wow, I'm really into that bowl, for some reason that cradle just makes me want to go upside-down.  Next time... next time.

Day Six is all about keeping it local, Tolworth Bowl at mid-day for an hour or so's relaxed concrete therapy. As usual it would be great to see some faces, so far I've been blessed with good company.  Thanks go to Jeremy for making the trip today and to Kev too, sorry I couldn't hang on mate.

Have a great weekend and maaybe see you out there.

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment